Friday 13 July 2012

Simple Little Card

Yesterday,  I remembered it was a friend's birthday and had to make a very quick card - this is the result.


I made the card blank and the small centre panel from Kraft card, the paper is from a First Edition pad called Desert Blooms, the frame and bird stamps are Marion Emberson Birds and Trees and the sentiment is from the new Hobby Art Birthday Collection.  Everthing is stamped with black Versafine ink and embossed with clear detail embossing powder.  I heated the birds from behind so they are nice and glossy and the patterned paper is glitter paper.  I am really pleased with how this turned out, I like the simplicity of it.  Its the first time I have used Kraft card and will be using it lots more, I love it!  Thank you for looking.   Take care.  Christine xx

10 comments:

Sue said...

Love the simplicity of this card Christine xx

Jester said...

It looks beautiful, Chris. Simplicity is often the best way! Isn't that bird stamp lovely - I haven't seen it before.
Hope you have a good weekend. Jx

chrissie said...

Simply beautiful. Your stamping is brilliant and I love the little birds.

xxxxx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Lovely card Chris - I like 'simple'

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Christine,

I am in love with simple cards!! Love the little birdies!!!

Now, on to read your WOYWW post.

Hugs,
Kay

Redanne said...

I love your 'less is more' approach to this card and the Kraft card really sets your design off so beautifully too. A x

May said...

I love simple cards... and I adore Kraft card... Simply beautiful card... love it!!! Hugs May x x x

Sue said...

Glad you love your splodgeaway mat xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SandeeNC said...

I love Kraft paper, it always gets used up first it seems, lovely little bird stamp, they are so cute! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Neet said...

I like the simplicity of this too - what a lovely stamp those birds are. Even though it was my maiden name I was always "Christine Smith" when at school. Only just recently realised that is your name too.

Hugs, Neet (confusing or what?)