Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!  I am posting the Valentines card I made for my husband - its not the card I had originally meant to make.  I ordered a set of stamps specially and had a plan, went to make the card on Tuesday afternoon and the main stamp in the set was faulty!  The air was blue in my craft room!  I had to quickly think of an alternative as I had to make it then as I was out yesterday.



The three large hearts are from a Creative Expressions set and are stamped on red card in  black Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  The other hearts are from various punches and the sentiment is stamped and mounted on Spellbinder Nestabilities.  I have edged the card and shaded the sentiment with Distress Ink.  I love my husband loads, he is absolutely wonderful.  He really looks after me especially since I was taken ill with M.E. over six years ago.  Our lives have changed dramatically with the impact of this illness, he never complains and does everything he can to make my life easy and happy.  I hope you are having a lovely day and thank you for visiting me.  I am a little behind with my visits to you all but will catch up later today and tomorrow.  Take care and thank you for all your lovely comments and encouragement.  Christine xx

6 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab card Chris especially as it wasn't the one you planned! I love the embossed hearts. I have never had a faulty stamp how disappointing. I think all our husbands are wonderful for putting up with our crafty hobbies, what with the constant shopping for new stash and the glitter everywhere its enough to make a grown man cry lol!! xx

Marleine said...


Hi Chris,

Love the card.

Have a happy day. X

Redanne said...

Hi Chris, your story and your beautiful card really touched my heart..... have suffered with RA for 6 years and have an equally wonderful, patient and caring DH too. This is such a wonderful day to tell them how much we care..... Hugs, Anne x

chrissie said...

A beautiful card for a wonderful husband. Thank you for sharing your story. My husband is a gem as well-we are well blessed I think.

Love Chrissie xx

Jester said...

A beautiful Valentine card, Chris, especially as you had to make it quickly. I love the embossed hearts and the ink edging sets the whole card off nicely. You will have to make the one you planned for next year!

Darnell said...

What a wonderful love letter you have written to your deserving husband with this post, Christine! And your card turned out fantastic!!

(But I did have to LOL at the thought of you cursing a blue streak while trying to make a tender card! It's like me listening to my Anne Murray Christmas CD every day, all year, in the car and in the middle of "Oh, Holy Night," I stop to yell, "You blankity blank moron! You blank ...!" Then it makes me laugh out loud and other drivers look over and think I'm crazy or high. Too funny!)