Saturday 3 August 2013

Alpha Challenge 'T'

Its time for the Alpha Challenge at the Craft Barn and its 'T'.  I chose 'Tree'.


Its a very simple page but I just love this tree stamp and didn't want to clutter it up too much.  The large tree and leaves are from a Lavinia clear set and are stamped with Coffee Archival ink.  The background is Peeled Paint, Pine Needles and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks which were randomly applied then spritzed with water.  I then just dropped on some blobs of Cut Grass Dylusions Ink Spray and dabbed it around with a piece of kitchen roll.  The letters are Cuttlebug dies and the curly font reminds me of branches - and the tiny tree is a punch.  If you have time, please pop over to the Craft Barn and see the fab DT pages and other cool entries.  I am always in awe of everyone's wonderful pages!  Have a brilliant weekend whatever you are doing and thank you so much for visiting - its so lovely of you to take the time!  Take care.  Christine xx

17 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I love the angle of the tree and the way it looks like it's leaves blew off the tree and are being scattered around the border, very cool! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment, you sure are appreciated! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Cazzy said...

That is a lovely page, our ornamental cherry tree has been shedding all of its leaves due to the drought, now we have moonsoon conditions so I hope it will recover!

Julie Lee said...

I love this tree and those leaves. The layout of your page is beautiful. Julie Ann xx

carolfromkiwiland said...

Lovely page Christine. I have just been off looking at the Lavina shop - I now have a list of 'I wants'. The tree and leaf stamps are fab and it really does look those leaves have been blown off the tree and are swirling around the landscape. Very cool.

chrissie said...

Such wonderful images to chose for your page and I love the green as a background

Chrissie x

Marleine said...


Hiya Chris,

Love the page. It shows such a lot of movement.

Nice to see you are back in your craft room.

Take care. X

Sandy said...

I have always loved trees and living in the mountains of North Carolina, I am certainly surrounded by these gorgeous giants. Autumn is always a favorite season with the multicolored leaves swirling around. Your make is wonderful - I especially like the leaves.
Sandy

Sue said...

Love this layout Christine love the way the leaves look as if the wind has blown them off the tree:) huggles hun Sue xxx

Unknown said...

Love the tree stamp, the page makes me think of Wuthering Heights! XX

Sylvia said...

Fabulous tree page, love the coloured background with the black stamping.

Sylv xx

May said...

Fantastic page Christine, Love the tree with all the pretty leaves as a border.. the colours blend beautifully together...Love it!!! Hugs May x x x

Anonymous said...

I knew there would be a lot of trees this week lol. Great interpretation
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy

Kay Wallace said...

I love that tree stamp, too, Christine...and how creative that the leaves are not on it, but form a perfect border! Great color choices from the Ranger palette!

Jester said...

Simple is often the best and your page is beautiful, Chris. The wonderful inky background draws the viewer into the page - like walking through a wood.
Hope you have a good weekend. Jx

Redanne said...

Hi Chris, your tree is beautiful and I love the background you created and the clever use of the letters to mirror the tree. Love this page. Hugs, Anne x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

So sorry I seemed to have missed this one Chris! Love the tree image it would be a good one for Halloween! Your background is fabulous and the swirling leaves are a perfect finishing touch! Susan xx

Julie said...

Great tree image would look good with the glitter we bought for a christmas card xx Ju