Saturday 10 August 2013

Gilding Flake Crazy!

It was our 9th Wedding Anniversary yesterday and this is the card I made for Darren, my husband, I went a bit crazy with the Gilding Flakes!!


The stamp is from a tree set by Creative Expressions, the Hexagon's are a Sissix die set, the Gilding Flakes are Lancashire Rose by Indigoblu and the letters and numbers are Cuttlebug dies  The photo doesn't do the Flake justice, they shine amazingly and the colours are gorgeous!  We didn't go out to celebrate as Darren is poorly at the moment but we did have a yummy Indian takeway.  There was so much and we ate the lot!!  I hope you have a lovely weekend and thank you so much for visiting me, I really appreciate it.  Take Care. Christine xx

13 comments:

Liz Dear said...

Lovely card Chris! Belated Happy Anniversary! Sorry Darren is still not good, but hope he's improving x

SandeeNC said...

Happy Anniversary, and what a lovely card! I had to enlarge it to really enjoy all those gilded flakes!! waving hi from the rainy ( again!! ) hills of North Carolina ♥

Marleine said...


Hiya Chris,

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Love the card. The colours of the guilding flakes are gorgeous. Like the use of the hexagon dies.

Hope you are having a lovely week end. X

chrissie said...

Happy Anniversary.

Love the card. I have never used guilding flakes but they look terrific on the card

Chrissie x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Chris belated Happy Anniversary and I hope your DH is feeling better now! Your card looks stunning and I bet it does look fabulous IRL with the gilding flakes glimmering! Susan x

Redanne said...

Hi Chris, those gilding flakes look absolutely gorgeous on your beautiful card! Belated Happy Anniversary greetings and hope Darren is well soon. Hugs, Anne x

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary Chris!! Well you might have gone a little crazy with the gilding flakes but it paid off - your card is gorgeous and so elegant!
sandy

Sue said...

Oh wow Chris happy anniversary! this card is amazing whenever I get the guilding flakes out I end up with foiled fingernails! but this is really pretty huggles hun Sue xxxx

Jester said...

Oh my, this is stunning, Chris!

Julie said...

Glad you had a good day even though Darren is not up to it still. Indian sounds yummy..I'm on that diet again so the thought of a curry makes my mouth water...better than rice crakers that's for sure!! xx Ju

Anne said...

How beautiful, I bought some gilding flakes a while ago and not got round to using them (so much lovely crafty stash, so little time!) Must dig them out!

Anne x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow this is really wodnerful Chris great share indeedy! Shaz in oz.x

Scrapmate said...

I love the gilding mix you've used. Fabulous card & sounds like you had a good celebration together.