Thursday 27 November 2014

Birds in the Trees

This months challenge over at Buckwells Crafty Challenge is to use ribbon.  Here is my entry.



The background is made using Distress Paints and water on glossy card - I think the colours were Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar and Weathered Wood.  I also used cling film to add texture.  The main image is Birds in the Trees wooden stamp from Memory Box and the sentiment is a Penny Black wooden stamp.  All the stamping is done with black Archival.  Four black stones, some matting and layering and ribbon added on each side of the large black mat to match the pink are the finishing touches.  The pink ribbon has a touch of silver along the edges.  This is another of those stamps I have had for ages and never used and I love it!

If you can, please hop over to Buckwells  and have a look at all the fabulous DT makes and other entries.

Have a good evening and thank you so much for visiting me.  Take care.  Christine xxx

12 comments:

chrissie said...

This is fabulous

Love Chrissie x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Chris really gorgeous! huggles Sue xxx

Redanne said...

So glad you gave that stamp an airing because it is beautiful on your cling film background and those bits of ribbon are such a lovely finishing touch. Anne xx

vic said...

Beautiful Chris love the distress paints and the stamp :)
Vic x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

How fabulous Chris, I love how you did the background. Susan x

Neet said...

I am terrible at remembering to use ribbon on cards - and I have loads and loads. Love the way you have introduced it on your pretty card.
Hugs, Neet xx

Hazel said...

Love the pink - very pretty. Thank you so much for joining in our November challenge at Buckwells with your delightful crafting – we hope we’ll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Aaahhh Chris... what a great card and yes love these birds too me-thinks have one not unlike it only used a few times too :D Shaz in Oz.x

Anita in France said...

What an stunning background, Chris ... so texture-y ... and so fabulous behind the silhouette birds! Anita :)

Sarn said...

Love this technique. Very effective with the silhouette birds.xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! I just ran across this card on accident. It is FABULOUS. It makes me very happy on this dreary day.

Jester said...

Sorry I'm so behind, but I'm enjoying catching up.
What a fab card - so stylish! Jx