Thursday 9 April 2015

Its The Little Things!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while lately (again!) -  I have not been feeling too well but am just making the challenge over at Artful Times which is 'in the style of Tim Holtz.  I am rushing this post as there is not much time to enter and my computer is on a go slow - aaaaargh!


The background is Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon and Picked Raspberry Distress inks smooshed on my craft sheet with water then the card dragged through, dried then dabbed in the remaining ink.  I stamped with the same inks using Creative Expressions Chicken Wire and a Prima script stamp.  All the black is Versafine - the swirls are from Tim Holtz Urban Chicks and the sentiment is from his Good Thoughts set.  The die is again Tim Holtz - Honeycomb Framework.  The little stamps are from various stamp makes and sets and I cut card coloured the same out of the honeycomb die, stamped each image then double embossed each piece with clear embossing powder and versafine before sticking into the spaces of the black die cut.

I will leave the description at that as I don't want to miss the deadline.

If you have a chance, please pop over to Artful Times - its a fabulous challenge blog!

I would also like to enter the following Challenge:

Paper Players - use a Die Cut on your project - another fab blog for you to visit!

Thank you so very much for visiting me and welcome to my new followers!  I am incredibly grateful that you want to see what I get up to!  It makes me so happy! Take care. Christine xxx

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Chris, this is beautiful, I love the design and the gorgeous colours you have used!

So sorry to hear that you have not been well, I hope you feel much better soon. Hugs, Anne xx

Fuchsia said...

Sorry to see you haven't been well Chris hope you are feeling much better soon xxx

Love your card and style and the lush colours x

Neet said...

You would never know this was "rushed" (your words), it is delightful. I love the colours you have used and the layout is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times again - hope you soon feel much better.
Hugs, Neet x

Karren said...

What a beautiful card! Your background is so rich and vibrant - just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

Nance Leedy said...

Chris, this is gorgeous! I love your water colored background and the way the center is highlighted. The hexagon images are adorable! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Anita in France said...

Stunning background, Chris ... love how you've paired all those little images with the sentiment ... so clever! Great new blog photo BTW ... hope you're feeling better! Anita :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great stamps and color choices!

Jester said...

A beautiful card, Chris, with so much detail to look at. Fabulous stamping.
Hope you feel properly better soon. Jx

Diane said...

Lovely colors and design.

Hugs Diane

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such warm colors! Love the filled in honeycombs!