Thursday 23 April 2015

Wee Folk Fairies

Hello and thank you so much for being here!  I am rushing again cause one of the challenges I want to enter ends in 35 minutes - goodness, I am getting worse at leaving things till the last minute!


I used my Gelli Plate for the background - I brayered on it randomly with distress inks then gently stamped some images with two colours of versafine (Leafy Swirls and one from English Garden Elements).  Its the first time I had tried this technique and I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled the print!  I stamped over it with the two Leafy Swirl stamps (large and small), the fairies and the Happy Birthday all with black Archival and all Clarity stamps.  I tore round all the edges then added glitter to all these torn edges.  I added oodles of Platinum Pearl Liquid Pearls to the card and sprinkled it with glitter.  Its supposed to be fairy dust but looks more like a hail storm! I quite like it though!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Artful Times - Tattered and Torn
Clarity Stamp - Wee Folk

Sorry this is short and rushed!  Thank you so much for visiting me - I really appreciate it!             Take Care, Christine xxx 








18 comments:

Sarn said...

That's very pretty. Well done on getting it done just in time!

hugs, Sarn xxx

carols handmade cards said...

This is so pretty I love the colours you have used and the background is gorgeous I love it. Thank you for entering the challenge and the best of luck. Xx

Shelagh Metselaar said...

I like the interesting background you have made through your Gelli plate discovery! The Wee Folk fit in nicely with the Leafy Swirls, too. Good luck and thank you for entering the challenge. ;~}

crafty said...

Nice colours love the torn edges very pretty good luck clarity challenge x

Jacee said...

So very pretty!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Emma Burns said...

This is a very lovely card Christine. The Wee Folk look great amongst the Leafy Swirls and your background looks fab. Thank you for entering the Clarity Challenge and best of luck. x

WendyK said...

A lovely delicate card, love the large swirl stamp. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

Redanne said...

What a fabulous technique and it turned our so beautifully too. I love your card! Hugs, Anne xx

Anita in France said...

Magical, Chris ... the soft colours with all the shimmer are gorgeous! Anita :)

Angela said...

A lovely card Chris with some great colours. Thank you for entering this month's Clarity challenge. good luck! x

Darnell said...

I hope you made it in time! This is fabulous, Chris! I'm so impressed with how it turned out!! Hugs, Darnell

chrissie said...

A wonderful background to show off the great stamping

Love Chrissie xx

Lesley said...

The fairies go so well with the leafy swirl stamps and stamping in different colours really adds depth to your card. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x

Neet said...

This is lovely and I bet it looks like what it is and not a snowstorm or anything remotely like that. I am impressed with the Gelli print, mine never turn out so pretty. The black stamping is the perfect foil for the background. Thanks for rushing this for us at Artful Times (but you would never know it was rushed).
Love, Neet xx

Jester said...

Beautiful and so romantic, Chris. I love the fairy dust! Jx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm loving this background. Your technique with the gelli plate really came out nice.

Mrs P said...

Looks wonderful Chris - I think it's turned out great! Lovely colours and you can never have too much glitter!!!
Good luck in the challenge this month xxx

LesleyG said...

Really like this one! Love fairies, and would live to try the gelli plate one day. Never too much fairy dust! xxx