Thursday 24 March 2016

Thank you Di!

A couple of weeks ago I was a very lucky girl!  Not only was I chosen as a 'pick' over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop's Snippets Playground No. 219, but I also won the random draw prize which was a gorgeous paper pad, a fab Spellbinders Labels Set and a cute book of Bunny images.  The images and patterned paper are by Lili of the Valley.  So, what could I do?  I had to play and so I made Di a thank you card which she has now received.  I found it quite daunting as Di's cards are always so wonderful!  She liked it - Yay!!!!!!!




I inked around the cute image with Scattered Straw Distress Ink then glued the image to the back of a sheet of the paper from the paper pad which I had die cut with the largest Spellbinders die so the image peeks through.  The 7 x 7 background card was inked with the same DI.  The branches are a Memory Box die which I cut four times so I had extra flowers to scatter around the card as well as the ones that are on the branch with the leaves.  I used Distress Inks and Markers to colour the die cuts then sprayed them with pearl Glimmer Mist before adding to my card with Cosmic Shimmer glue.  I also added orange Stickles to the centres of the die cut flowers and the centres of the daffodils.

Here is a photo of the inside.  Its a terrible photo, sorry!  I inked around the edge and sprayed the whole thing with the Glimmer mist then used the left over piece of pattered paper together with the next size cut with white and inked.  The sentiment came free with a magazine and I used brown Versafine embossed with clear powder and added some leaves for decoration.  The inside sentiment is the only stamping which is rare for me!  I had such fun making this and playing with my new stash, thanks again Di!!!



I would like to enter Pixie's Snippets Playground 221 - I used Snippets of card for my die cutting.

Thank you so much for visiting me!  I love it when you do!  Have a lovely Easter weekend. Take care. Christine xxx

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Super card how could Di not possibly like it. i love the gentle colours. hugs mrs A.

alexandra s.m. said...

It is gorgeous Christine! I really like the fact that you carried the design on the inside as well!
Thank You~

LesleyG said...

Fabulous card, love all the detail, one of those I wish I could see in real. It's a struggle to get good pics it's been so dull, and never shows up the sparkle too well. Happy Easter xxx

Di said...

Hi Chris! First of all, this truly is so stunning in real life - I'm absolutely thrilled with it and it has pride of place in the lounge. I already said in an email that Len thinks it's terrific as well. The wee branches and leaves/flowers really make it pop too.

Hugs

Di xx

Redanne said...

Well done on your win Chris, lots of lovely goodies to play with! Di could not help but love your card, it is beautiful and I love that you finished off the inside too. Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell said...

You made a darling card, Christine, both outside and in! I was so tickled when I saw that you had won at Pixie's!! Happy Easter to you and your family!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

What a gorgeous thank you card. No wonder Di liked it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Of course she liked it! It's so pretty, Liz x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Squee! This is such a cute card. I love that woodgrain background.

Jester said...

Lucky you! Your card is gorgeous and that rabbit so cute! Jx

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your 'pick', Chris ... and your win! Such an adorable card ... that bunny is so sweet! Hugs, Anita :)