Friday 28 October 2016

Fireworks Grid!

Hello!  Thank you for stopping by.  Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, Today's card is bright and colourful which is more than can be said for today's weather which was very dull indeed!



I started off with a piece of watercolour card cut to be a little bit larger that the Cover a Card stamp, Fireworks, by Impression Obsession. I used an anti static bag over the piece of card then stamped with black Versafine using my Misti so it could be stamped a couple of times to get a clear image on the textured watercolour paper.  I then heat embossed with clear powder.  The whole image was spritzed liberally with water and also Abominable Snowman Glimmer Mist then I dropped in Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress re-inker ink using each colour for a different firework. I used Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink to fill in the gaps.  When dry, I cut the piece into equal sized squares, edged each one with a black Promarker, and then decided to mix them up before adding them to my 7 inch square card base.  I preferred the more random look of the mixed up picture for this particular card.  I added some tiny die cut stars (Mama Elephant) where the centres of the fireworks show then left it at that.  I was going to add a sentiment but decided against it as I like the colours too much to cover them up!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

PaperArtsy - Squares and Grids  (I was inspired by many of the fab samples).
Craft Barn - Fireworks
Bizzy Becs - Anything Goes

All of these are fabulous blogs and I get so much inspiration from them!

Thank you so much for visiting me, I am so grateful!  I will be round to visit you in the next few days. Take care and have a lovely weekend. Christine xxx


15 comments:

Mickie said...

Fab card - love the bright colours. Thank you for joining in the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge xx

chrissie said...

What a great idea Chris and a reminder that bonfire night is on the way

Love Chrissie xx

Anita in France said...

Fabulous explosions of colour in each little 'window', Chris ... so wonderfully vibrant and bright! Hugs, Anita :)

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so striking,

Lucy x


Redanne said...

Beautiful colours and a truly wonderful design, I love how you mixed up the squares - beautiful work my friend! Hugs, Anne xx

ionabunny said...

Lovely abstract anyday card. Like this lots. Hugz

Barb said...

I love this Chris. A lovely contemporary card and great colours. Barbxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love how the fireworks are all hodge podge, every which way. It seems more like how fireworks are, like for the grand finale. Way cool!

Sarn said...

Fantastically colourful card Chris. Thanks for sharing how it was made.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell said...

The colors you've used are so bright and vibrant and fun, Chris! The design is very compelling ~ well done!! Happy Halloween! Hugs, Darnell

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW wonderful composition and I love the brilliant colors!
Hugs Anja

Jester said...

this is fabulous! So bright and cheery and definitely makes me think of fireworks. Let's hope tomorrow is dry for everybody.
Jx

Karen Dunbrook said...

great colour and so fun...makes for a wonderful card mf.

maggie said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card, perfect for a winter birthday.

maggie said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card, perfect for a winter birthday.