Friday 17 March 2017

Paper Pieced Bird!

Hello and welcome!  Thank you so much for stopping by, its lovely that you have!  Here is a cute bird card using paper piecing which I don't do very often but really enjoyed so must do it more.  All the design paper I used were left over bits from a very old 12 x 12 pad that I bought from QVC when I first started crafting.  Its huge and I still have loads left but this card is made using just leftovers.



I have had the Docrafts Bird stamp for ages too and this is the first time I have used it.  First I stamped the image in black Versafine and embossed with clear powder then stamped again on the various colours of design paper, again using Black Versafine and embossed with clear powder then cut out the body from the mint green, the wing from pink and the beak from orange.  The butterfly is die cut using Sizzix Embosslits Beautiful Wings and the flowers are Crafts Too punches - all are cut using matching scrap pieces of paper.  I used a couple of coats of Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen on the flowers, butterfly and the birds wing for sparkle - its looks sparklicious in real life but the photo doesn't pick it up, sorry.  I also added some pink pearls for added bling.  I paper pieced the paper onto the bird and added Glossy Accents to the beak and eye.  The bottom edge of the white panel is cut with two parts of the Sue Wilson Triple Gemini Die - Pictor which I was lucky enough to win some time ago.  The white panel is edged with a tiny bit of Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and I also used it around the edges of the Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers that I added as a last detail.  The card base is a white 5 x 7 inch card covered with another piece of the mint green paper.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Pixies's Snippets Playground - use snippets -  all of my design paper is snippets!
Mrs.A's Butterfly Challenge - Butterflies plus E for edges and/or mint green - I managed both!
Penny Black and More - Anything Goes.
Stamping Sensations - Close to Nature.
That's Crafty - Bling it up.- I wish all the sparkle showed in the photo!  At least you can see the pearls!

These are all absolutely awesome challenges with lots of fun and inspiration!

I hope your week has been going well - I suppose its nearly over now and we are heading for the weekend!  Thank you again for visiting me and take care!  Christine xxx

20 comments:

Marina said...

I love paper-piecing and this cute bird looks great done like this.

Dora said...

Beautiful bird. Very nice done. Beautiful card have you made.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

chrissie said...

Such a wonderful bird stamp. The shape is just right for paper piecing and you did it so well. A great card

Love Chrissie xx

brenda said...

This is a really lovely creation and I love the birdie which really lends itself to paper piecing. I think we must all do the paper collection thing when we start crafting as I too still have remnants from a K & Co pack I bought at least twelve years ago from C&C.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Di said...

Wow Chris, I spotted this on my dashboard just before I went to bed last night - so pleased you brought it to the Playground. A super cute card and all the paper piecing is stunning as well. Lovely card!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Pssst, I have no idea why your card is sideways on in the thumbnail either Chris - one of life's little mysteries :)

xx

Darnell said...

This is a snippet masterpiece, Chris! I love paper piecing, too! This is a fun and colorful and glossy delight!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Ellibelle said...

Very pretty card, nicely designed and love the colors!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Penny Black and More!

Redanne said...

An absolute delight Chris, I love the bird, the white mat is superb and all the little elements work so perfectly. You should use this technique more, you do it so well! Hugs, Anne xx

Mrs A. said...

I love this card Chris. It made me smile when I saw it. Love the edge you have used and your beautiful paper piecing. Perfect for my challenge. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Lynne K said...

Great paper piecing, Chris! Perfect image for it. Love the design of your card too, and the colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Liz said...

Love this card, great paper piecing. The edge at the bottom is really lovely and sets off the CAS scene perfectly.
Thank you for joining in Butterfly Challenge #74 - Good luck!
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So sweet. I love the simplicity of paper piecing. I must remember to do it more often. It's a great way to use up scraps.

Anita in France said...

Sweet and pretty, Chris ... your whimsical, paper pieced little bird is so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

Linby said...

Lovely paper piecing. I have lots of paper from days too ;)
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

That is such an amazing creation, I'm excited.
I wish you a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Chris a really great card.. do love the image and so nice paper pieced and also the SW die at the bottom, a beautiful card.
Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x
{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Jester said...

This card made me smile - I love it! And so impressed it is made from leftovers. Someone is going to be delightted when it falls through their letter box. Jx

Deb said...

What a cute design, I don't do paper piecing very often either but you've inspired me to do more, adorable! Deb xo

Barb said...

What a fabulous card Chris. I love your bird and I always love paper piecing. Sue Wilson's die cuts look gorgeous at the bottom and I also like how you've split up the sentiment. Barbxx