Sunday 24 December 2017

Merry Christmas with Moonlit Owls!

Hello and thank you for visiting - Yay its Christmas Eve!

Today's card is the one I made for my wonderful husband, Darren.



The stamp is the absolutely gorgeous Moonlit Owls by Lili of the Valley - I adore it!  I stamped the image with black Versafine and embossed it with clear detail powder.  I coloured the image with my Promarkers.  You can't see it very well but the sky is dotted with white Posca pen for snow.  I used Memory Box Holly Die for the holly at the end of the branch on the main image and at each end of the sentiment.  The sentiment is from a Casual Friday's snowflake stamp set and is also stamped in black Versafine and embossed with clear detail powder and die cut with  a die from Elizabeth Crafts Stitch Fishtail Banners set.  The circle die used is Spellbinders and is either small or medium set but I am not sure which.  The scallop circle is Spellbinders too and is from the small set.  The snowflakes are cut using Tim Holtz Sizzix Mini Paper Snowflakes die set.  All these die cuts are cut using snippets of card and my Big Shot.  The background is embossed using a snow embossing folder - I cannot remember the make, sorry!  I added lots of glitter, mostly glamour dust, apart from red on the berries.  I can never get the sparkle to show in my photographs!  I am pleased to say, Darren really likes his card!  Yay!

I would like to enter the following Challenges:

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets.
That's Crafty - Anything Goes
CuttlebugMania - Anything Christmas
Country View Challenges - With the option of Reds, Greens and Rust.
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Anything Goes as long as its Holiday related.

Thank you so much for visiting me today and all through the year!  Your visits, comments and encouragement mean so very much to me - thank you again!

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - or Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas and if it is a sad time for you, I send you a big Hug and lots of happy and positive thoughts.  Take care my friends.  Lots of love.  Christine xxx

11 comments:

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful Chris and the image is so cute. Wishing a very happy Christmas to you and your hubby and I look forward to visiting again in the new year. Barbxx

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card Chris and love those owls. Love the simple design too, so classy.
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and hope you have a lovely time. Also hope 2018 is all you wish for.
Fliss xx

Redanne said...

I am not surprised he loved it, the owls are just adorable - a perfect card to give someone you love! I hope you both had a peaceful Christmas. Hugs, Anne xx

Di said...

What a great card for Darren Chris - no wonder he was pleased with it! The image and sentiment are a perfect pairing - bit like I expect you two are.

Hope all is going well over the festivities.

Hugs

Di xx

Neet said...

Such a lovely card Chris, and so appropriate an image for you to send to your husband.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and Darren all the very best for 2018 and I just wish there could be a cure found.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anita in France said...

Such an adorable little image, Chris ... showcased brilliantly with the bold red and crisp snowflakes! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love those moonlight owls. Thank you for joining us over at the That's Crafty Blog challenge and sharing your creation Chris. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & wishing you all the best for 2018.
Tracey DT

rachel said...

Gorgeous card chris - really lovely. Those owls are so cute! Wishing you a very Happy New Year and big thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges! Hugs rachel xx

Sanna said...

such a cutie!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Those snowflakes are super gorgeous
Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Jester said...

What a lovely card, and so cute! Hope you both had a good Christmas. Jx