Wednesday 14 March 2018

Green Man!

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me - I really appreciate it.  Sorry I haven't been around Blogland very much lately - I will try and do better!

I made this card for my wonderful husband, Darren's, birthday which was earlier this month.


I am sorry the photo is rather insipid - the black is very black and the background for the wonderful Lavinia Green Man stamp is gorgeous with various Oxide inks and the Green Man itself is coloured with Pro Markers too.   My photography is rubbish!  I stamped the image with Versafine and embossed it with clear powder then cut out with Spellbinders Labels 18.  I popped it on with mounting foam on the black card base which I had first embossed with Creative Expressions Bark embossing folder.  The sentiment and heart were made using dies that came free with a magazine.  Darren has always loved the Green Man image and when I saw this stamp released last year by Lavinia, I just had to buy it straight away and hang onto it till his birthday this year!  I am pleased to say he really likes the card!

The Green Man is found in many cultures from many ages around the world.  It is primarily interpreted as a symbol of rebirth representing the cycle of growth each spring.  (Thank you Wikipedia!)

I would like to enter the following fabulous Challenges:

That's Crafty - Spring Into Action - Green Man
Cuttlebug Mania - Springtime -Green Man and I used my Big Shot for both the embossed background and the Spellbinders die cut.
Craft Stamper - Anything Goes.
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Use Snippets - The main image and sentiment were both made from white snippets.
STAMPlorations - All about Spring and Faith - Green Man.



Thank you again for visiting me and I hope you are having a fabulous week.

Take care.  Christine xxx


21 comments:

Anita in France said...

Bold and wonderfully texture-y with that tree bark background, Chris ...your detailed colouring on this amazing image is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue said...

Great card Chris and fab colouring hugs Sue x

dutchess said...

That’s a great image Chris...how perfect for a card for your husband....it’s so dramatic against the black background...great colouring...xxxxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow what a stunner of a card, love this
Thank you so much for joining us at the That’s Crafty challenge blog
Hugs
Donna xx

Anne said...

Blogging takes time Chris and like you I'm finding it harder and harder to do regular posts. Always nice to see a card from you, this is fab and I don't think I've ever seen this image used before - perfect for a male card
Anne x

Jannie said...

I love your card, love to see other traditions!!

Your embossingfolder is beautiful as well

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Marsha said...

It is fun to find stamps that have meaning especially for someone we love. I'm sure your card is lovely - photographing our cards can be so frustrating because they often don't show how beautiful they are IRL.

Mrs A. said...

Wow. This looks super. The image is very striking. Hope your keeping well. Hugs Mrs A.

Redanne said...

Chris, your card is beautiful, I love the background embossing and the colours for the green man are so subtle and beautiful too. I must admit, I find it incredibly hard to photograph anything dark too!

Belated birthday wishes to Darren too. Hugs, Anne xxx

Suzanne H said...

Wow! What a great image.

okienurse said...

great card...I didn't see the bark emboss until I enlarged it! I can't take a photo worth a hoot and dark card is difficult...Great job! Have a great weekend...Vickie

Craftyfield said...

Difficult to take decent pictures this time of the year but the photo does still show the Green man in its glory! Great masculine card.

Di said...

Great card Chris - and a super idea to emboss the background as you did. Lovely to see you in the Playground - plenty of snow there right now!

Hugs

Di xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous card Christine, I love that Lavinia Stamp it's one of my favourites of theirs, bet your Hubby loved it..? Thank you for sharing with us and joining the Spring into Action blog challenge.
Best Wishes Tracey DT

Jannet said...

Your green man is magnificent Chris. The textured bark is perfect behind him and he is coloured perfectly. Well done on keeping him hidden away until your husbands birthday ! Xxx

scrappymo! said...

Bold image and a great textured looking bark background.

Jane Willis said...

What a wonderful Green Man, stunning card, your husband must have loved it
Jane

Jester said...

It looks great, Chris, and the embossed background of tree bark such an inspired choice. The Green Man such an old symbol - we have a small modelled plaque of him hanging in our bedroom. Jx

Fliss said...

Totally amazing card Chris and love the background which makes your green man really pop against it. I'm sure your hubby must have loved this.
Thanks for sharing it with us at our Spring challenge too and wishing you lots of luck.
Fliss xx

Swissie said...

A great card with an interesting focus.
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT (Liv)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a wickedly cool card. It reminds me of a book I read where a man's wife was absorbed into a tree so he built a hut around it and lived there. It's one of those books that has stuck with me (why? no one knows!). Hope you don't get absorbed into a tree, but hubby still love you if you did.