Thursday 22 March 2018

Twofer Challenge No. 3!

Hello and thank you for visiting me, I appreciate it so much!
Its Darnell's Twofer Challenge No, 3.  Its so much fun.  This time it is Blossoms - I chose to use wildflowers - they are blossoms too!



I used three of the dies from Tim Holtz Sizzix Wildflower thinlets which I cut using my Sizzix Big Shot - the same dies on each card but two different designs and occasions.



I went for a bright and sparkly birthday card and a more subdued thinking of you card.  I will put separate pictures below so the detail shows better and give a rundown on how I made each card.  The first one (the birthday card) I am also entering into some other challenges so I will pop those below the picture too.


I used watercolour card for this one and inked it with Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon and Wilted Violet Distress Inks then spritzed with water and dried.  I used French Script and Cross Hatching stamps from IndigoBlu to stamp the same inks to add further interest to the background.  The three flowers were glued on then the sentiment from Woodware Annie stamp set, stamped on inked card using black Versafine, cut out, edged with black pen and also the little dashes, then glued on too.  The little butterfly is actually a sticker but it fitted perfectly!  I used different colour Stickles to add lots of bling and sparkle then squeezed my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen and added splashes across the whole panel to add even more bling.  Glued the panel onto a black card base to really bring out the colours. 

This card I would like to enter into the following extra challenges.

Allsorts - Bring on the Bling
Time Out Challenges - its their 4th Birthday and the inspiration words are 'Birthdays Are Full Of Sunshine, Love and Laughter. 
CuttlebugMania - Spring and you must use a manual die cutting maching. - I used my Sizzix Big Shot and Wildflowers start coming in Spring!
That;s Crafty - Spring into Action - again Wildlowers bloom in Spring!

The second Twofer card is the Thinking of You card.


The same dies again but this time on a brayered background on gloss card using a very old Big and Juicy ink pad. Its spritzed with a little water to give it texture. The sentiment is from HobbyArt and is stamped with Majestic Blue Versafine.  Very simple but that is what I feel a thinking of you card should be.

The Twofer Challenge really makes you think although I haven't been very inventive with my two cards this time.  Some of the entries are always amazing using stamps or dies in ways you really wouldn't expect.  I hope these cards are different enough to qualify!

Thank you again for visiting me and I hope you are having a lovely week.

Take care.  Christine. xxx

19 comments:

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts x

dutchess said...

These are lovely Chris...loving your inky backgrounds and the die cuts look fabulous...xxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are both so very beautiful with those fabulous colors. Thanks for joining the Twofer Challenge #3.

Neet said...

Two lovely and very different cards using the one die. A very successful 2fer here Chris. Love them!
Hugs, Neet xx

Happy Dance said...

I do love sparkles! And the colors of your birthday card are so pretty! Those blossoms are lovely, too! The blue background against those white flowers looks really lovely. I think your cards are very inventive! Thanks for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

Darnell said...

Your wildflowers definitely qualify as blossoms, Chris, and rest assured you do NOT need to use your stamp or die in an unexpected way on your second card. So many people have gotten that idea, which is my fault because I did that with my own cards, but simply two floral cards is all we need ... well, plus the other rules, haha, and you did a great job!

As I just mentioned on my blog, I've got two left hands when it comes to ink blending, but you do not! Your pretty jewel-tone background is gorgeous! I love all the schparkle throughout and in your sweet hand-stitched sediment! And your Thinking of You card is everything a card like that should be. I would have just used a piece of colored card, but you MADE that background, WOW! Thank you so much for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #3, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a fantastic collage-y background for your birthday card, Chris ... the colours are fabulous with those delicate, sparkly wild flowers! I love that gorgeous blue brayering on your second card ... it's deep and dreamy ... and you placed those crisp white blooms perfectly to make use of the variations in colour, it seems that there's a delicious halo of light behind them ... beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Chris ... think I missed out on saying how happy I am that you played along with us at our 4th birthday celebration at Time Out with your delicious sparkly card! Can't see my comment yet to be certain ... though it's better to say it twice than not all! Hugs, Anita :)

Mia said...

Beautiful cards, Chris. I love these pretty flowers. Kisses, my friend.

Lisa said...

Wow, these are both so stunning!! The colors are amazing!! I love the designs of each one!! Gorgeous!! Love them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the atmosphere created within these Chris fabulous creations. Thank you for sharing over at That's Crafty.
Best wishes and Good Luck in the Spring into Action Blog Challenge.
Creative Wishes Tracey DT

Jannet said...

Gorgeous cards Chris! I love your brilliant background on the first one, and I also love the second one which is so elegant and reminds me of Wedgewood xx

Nonni said...

Two wonderful cards, I love that delicate die you used! Amazing how different looks you were able to create with it. I love the artsy, glittery look of your card for us! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Redanne said...

Both cards are really beautiful Chris, I love the colour tones on the first one, it is gorgeous. Someone has already mentioned it but when I first saw the blue card I immediately thought of Wedgwood too, it is a very elegant card, the blue really makes the gorgeous flowers stand out! Hugs, Anne xx

alexandra s.m. said...

They are both beautiful Christine!
TFS~

Dorthe said...

Such lovely stamps, used in very different ways- wonderful cards, both !!
thank you for adding it to That`s Crafty Challenge - Dorthe- DT - xx

Jester said...

Two fab cards! Although very different from each other, you are right, Chris,each suits its message; sparkly for a birthday and simplicity for a 'thinking of you' card. Just right! Jx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Clever work, Chris, love the shimmer on the DI looks really great such gorgeous shades!
Thanks for sharing and for popping over too!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous cards Chris. Both so different and I think the pink version just has the edge for me as I love that background.
Thanks for joining in with our Spring challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you luck.
Fliss DT xx